S.S. Doric, 1934
S.S. Doric was White Star's second and last turbine-propelled ship. The ship's maiden voyage on 8 June 1923, was from Liverpool, England to Montreal. It is believed the Doric served on this same basic route from Liverpool to Quebec and Montreal from 1923 to 1932. From 1933 until her end in 1935, the Doric was used for only cruising. She was based at Liverpool until 1934.
On 5 September 1935 Doric collided with the French vessel Formigny, of the Chargeurs Reunis line, off Cape Finisterre. Following this collision the ship had emergency repairs at Vigo, Spain. However once the Doric returned to England her damage was determined to be a constructive total loss and she was subsequently scrapped in November 1935 at Cashmores shipbreaker's yard in Newport.
Various examples of solid oak wall paneling from the Doric today still decorate the St Julian's Arms on Caerleon Road in Newport.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Love Menu Art archival prints on 190 gsm Fine Art Media Soft Textured Paper.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the menu interior.
Printed in the UK.