Our House, Savannah GA 1940s
"In 1945, Herbert Traub opened his first restaurant, a drive-in called Our House located on Victory Drive and Skidaway Road in Savannah. Traub also opened the Triple XXX drive-in restaurant on Victory Drive across from Grayson Stadium and the Harvest House on Ogeechee Road. However, his most successful restaurant was the Pirates' House. Located at East Broad and West Bay streets, he and a partner opened the Pirates' House in 1953. By the time he sold the Pirates' House 34 years later, it was one of the best restaurants in the South, and among America's 50 most successful restaurants.
Herbert Traub was also active in community organizations such as the Junior Chamber of Commerce and later the Rotary Club. He pushed the city of Savannah to light its many monuments at night and spearheaded efforts in the early 1990s to beautify the Daffin Park lake in Savannah. Herbert Traub died on 20 March 2008."
Courtesy Private Collection.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu where available.
We make our prints with archival-quality 100% cotton fine art paper, using Canon Lucia Pro pigment inks. Properly framed or stored, our prints will last 70+ years without fading or discolouring.
All our prints up to A2 size are made in-house in the UK. For larger prints, we work with the best commercial giclée printers in the UK.